Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Youth Olympics

If you get a chance check out the Lighting of the Torch at the Youth Olympic games...feel free to fast forward through the official speeches. It is one of the most spectacular lighting of the torch I have seen, it is very pretty. The stage is placed in the water at the bay, so they run through the water.
It is a shame so much time, effort and talent is going unnoticed by most of us. Hope the spirit of the Olympics continues to spread to the youth.

Go Canada Go!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely spectacular! Thanks for sharing this, Craftyone! (And great job with the hyperlink to YouTube, by the way!) I'm quite ashamed to admit that while I spent February glued to my TV watching the Olympics and June watching the World Cup, I had no idea that these Youth Olympics were even on. I'm going to go home and ask my kids if they were aware--they have a little more spare time than me plus they should find it quite inspiring, too. Is this even being broadcast on TV??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked!
    I was also glued to the Olympics in BC. I haven't seen to much of the Youth Olympics on TV, some highlights are being shown on TSN2 and Sportnet2...I guess poker is more important.lol
    I got connected on Facebook, I said I Like the Olympics...thinking of the Winter Games and I started to get update everyday about the Youth Olympics....A pleasant surprise!
    Most of the coverage I have seen is through the link on Facebook, that website shows every event on demand. Your kids could look up what ever sport they prefer...all my kids said was "MORE Olympics!?"

    ReplyDelete