Sunday, August 15, 2010

Task#10!!!!!!! Ta da!!!!


I have made it, what a bitter sweet moment! It is like a good book that you just don't want to end, PLEASE I NEED a sequel!!
After completing all the tasks I feel like a level 7. I certainly don't know everything, but I know where to look for more information and have confidence to try.

Betty Blogger has more than met my expectations, I learned what was promised and had more fun doing it than I had anticipated.

Library Lady you were very helpful and patient with my questions, exceeding my expectations! Thank you!

Learning so much and trying many different things, different ways and then remembering what you had done when it finally worked ...that was the most challenging thing. Maybe if I was younger and still had a good memory for more than 2 minutes this wouldn't be an issue.

The learning model was easy to follow, any questions were answered very quickly...a process that seems to work well. I like it!

I am hoping you run this program again, maybe even more often as I already have a couple of friends that would like to take the course!!!
I also hope that you have a coarse that expands on what we know...I want to learn more and since this information is always changing there will always be something to learn...and it is so much fun!

I will now have to find something else to blog about...maybe I will start posting some "crafty things"!

Thank you so much to Library Lady, Melissa P and others in the class for adding to my postings. This has been a blast and can't wait to meet you!

7 comments:

  1. For she's a jolly good fellow...

    Great work, Crafty.

    *sniff*
    *sob*

    We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the program! Your enthusiasm throughout has been a model for all of us.

    Ok, so if you really want to try something else, I might suggest you set up an iGoogle page for yourself and add widgets to get some/all of your Web 2.0 tools in one place, especially the Google tools such as Blogger and the Reader. Just a little challenge for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate a challenge!!!
    I went to try this task and surprise! I am using iGoogle and generally have it set up for me with weather and horoscope and a few other toys.
    But funny I haven't set up Blogger or Reader this way. Can it be pinned to the toolbar or do you have to click on them? This may be a silly question and sound very lazy but I really like things that get "pinned" and you just have to click on them...getting spoiled in my old age!
    I'm am up to and certainly welcome any other challenges you have up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Craftyone,

    I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question but I was thinking that you might enjoy adding some additional gadgets (sorry, I think I called them widgets earlier) to your iGoogle page. If you scroll to the bottom of the iGoogle page, you will see a link to "Add news, games and more". Click there and then either browse the list of available gadgets or type terms in the search box and see if there is a gadget available. I've played around with adding Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Reader, Delicious, etc. to mine. I don't like how they all look, but it was kind of fun to experiment and have them all in one interface. You can drag and drop them to arrange them as you wish. It was also fun to play with the 'skins' (backgrounds) and gadgets such as the puppy and hamster, etc.

    As far as 'pinning', I'm wondering if you are talking about having iGoogle on your toolbar. I think if you are using Firefox, you can simply go to the desired page and drag the icon next to the URL (address) on to your toolbar.

    Let me know how it works out. (What a keener you are!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the misunderstanding...I have added Facebook to my iGoogle page...not sure about it yet, it seems to spoil the surprise!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't get me started about the hamster. You have to visit daily to feed, water and exercise him. If you don't he stands there washing his face and nosing around all pathetic looking til you engage with him.
    It's a lot of work;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Ha! It still sounds like a better solution than when my kids start telling me they want a REAL hamster! At least if they forget to feed their 'virtual pet', I wouldn't get stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete