Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Fruit of our Labour!



The garden has been a great experiment this year, a couple of tomato plants, carrots, lettuce and radishes. I need to learn to spread out the seeds better, if too many plants are growing none will do well, had to do a lot of thinning out....that seems to be a the story of my life .lol Anyway, the tomatoes did very well.
Taking this new hobby one step further we made spaghetti sauce today. Kids not as impressed with the sauce making process, they enjoy the growing part better.
My favorite part was the eating, seemed to taste different knowing how much work went into the meal start to finish.

1 comment:

  1. Care to share your recipe for the tomato sauce? I'm lazy--I just dip the tomatoes in boiling water to remove the skin, crush them, throw them in bags and toss in the freezer. Your jars look much more appealing!

    ReplyDelete