Sunday, August 15, 2010

Task#9 Cataloguing

Learning about cataloging was actually kinda depressing:(
It made me realize how little I have read in the last 10 years! BK,before kids, I read at least a book a week...now it is like a book a year.
Oh well, you have to enjoy where you are at when you are there because you aren't anywhere for a long time. Deep thoughts.
Someday when I start to read more...other than Magic Tree house, Cam Jensen, or Junie B Jones...Library thing might be very useful.
Time is short and it is interesting that it can help you find books you would enjoy, and that's a good thing!
This is my link to Library Thing.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, couldn't wait until I could finally read a book that didn't have pictures in it. Although now that my kids are older (only one left in elementary school), I actually miss their picture books. I don't know about you, but I actually learned a great deal from those Magic Treehouse nonfiction companions. I still read aloud to my kids (there are some FANTASTIC YA novels!) and we try to set aside time to read together--not the same book, but all reading our own books in a room together.

    And great job getting the LibraryThing widget on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like the reading with the kids, and I have learned from the Magic Treehouse books that I read to the kids! Whether it is about a great city that the kids now dream of visiting or of a great inventor.
    Besides, I miss the pictures...one of my favorite reads of the last few years was The Da Vinci Code...and my edition had beautiful pictures. Again, I'm getting spoiled in my old age.

    ReplyDelete